Linden is located at Lypky, the most prestigious and expensive area of Kiev. The exact address is Lyuteranskaya street 14-B, between two ancient streets — Lyuteranskaya and Kruglouniversitetskaya. The ever roaring and tourist-filled Khreshchatyk is just nearby, as well as the trendy Passage and Ivan Franko National Theater, but here, near the government quarter, calm and quiet in style of Lypky.
Lypky. House with Chimaeras.
Lypky. Horodetskoho str.
Owing to its location, Lypky has always been an elite place. Not only tycoons and politicians settled here but also the the higher society representors. Famous scientists and musicians, writers and artists lived here. Given the cost of land, only exceptionally wealthy people could afford contruction on Lypky. That's why, today Lypky are known for their beautiful mansions.
The two-storied luxurious mansion at Shelkovichnaya street is well known to almost every Kiev citizen. Construction of Chocolate House was finished in 1901 and decorated in a fashionable back then historicism style. The interiors of the house vary from room to room: the Gothic style shifts into Alhambresque, then into Baroque, Russian and Art Nouveau. Many interior designers find inspiration in this plentiful mix.
Asymmetric mansion in the Art Nouveau style was built in 1908 for a wealthy Poltava merchant of the second guild — Sergei Arshavsky. The famous sad woman's face on the facade looks particularly impressive during the rain. The guests of the mansion at various times included the Counselor of the President of the US Condoleezza Rice, Madeleine Albright and Boris Berezovsky.
The elegant two-story building with semi-basement and basement floors was built in Kiev in 1905. The recognizable gray-pink facade combines the styles of North Italian Gothic and early Florentine Renaissance. Combined with rich interior decoration, this makes the National Bank building one of the finest buildings of the 20th century in Kiev.
Almost every resident of Kiev knows the history of this Art Nouveau house. Built in 1903 by the passionate hunter and architect Vladislav Gorodetsky, the apartment house is known for its incredible facade. It has animals and fairy-tale creatures fancifully placed on it. At various times the house with the chimaeras hosted famous politicians and was closed for public visiting, which only increased the number of urban legends about it.
An impressive mansion was the home of the nobleman of Polish origin, Nikolai Kovalevsky and his family, and was built in 1914 at the intersection of Shelkovichnaya and Pylyp Orlyk streets. The eclectic facade of the building makes it look like a medieval castle, and the interior of the house is distinguished by riches and luxurious materials: inlaid parquet floors, chic crystal chandeliers and marble in decoration.
Lypky. Zankovetskaya str.